Today, we are going to take a look at the business needs of ‘Modern Cloud computing’ and try to understand the reasons developers/programmers and IT professionals need cloud skills.
What is Azure? | Pay-As-You-Go
- Microsoft Azure is a Cloud computing platform and infrastructure created by Microsoft for building, deploying and managing the Applications and Services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers.
- Microsoft Azure is a growing collection of integrated Cloud Services—analytics, computing, database, mobile, networking, storage, and Web—for moving faster, achieving more and saving money.
As per Microsoft
- “80% of Microsoft customers have already deployed or fully embraced the cloud. By 2020, the idea that a company has no cloud infrastructure may be as rare as a ‘no internet policy’ is today.”
These are some considerations with the cloud, which are given below.
- You do not own the hardware.
- Be prepared for failures.
- Scale is unpredictable. Can you scale efficiently?
- Managing Services is often harder than building the Services. Do you have the right operational telemetry for visibility?
- No downtime upgrades.
- Are the costs being understandable and controllable? Do you know the density and capacity of your Services?
- Care upfront about security.
- Developer productivity. Build the app and not a platform
What is Windows Azure?
Azure is a complete package of the following.
Why Use the Cloud?
Windows Azure Services
You take the name and you will find everything within Azure Services.
Battle for The Cloud is shown below.
From this image, it’s evident that Microsoft Azure is capturing market with the significant growth, so keep yourself ready.
Let’s take Microsoft Azure Portal’s overview
First question is about Azure subscription and the details are given below.
- Get started with free trial,
- Get $200 free credit
- Explore Azure cloud by trying out any combination of Azure services for 30 days.
Enjoy Azure subscription from the following.
- Microsoft Partner Network
- Visual studio subscriber account
- Microsoft BizSpark
- Microsoft MSDN
- Microsoft imagine for students
After subscribing, you will come across the screenshot given below.
You can get hands-on here and it will give you real time experience with Azure portal.
- Create an app Service here and click Create.
- Give all prerequisite details.
Congratulations, your Azure app is ready — access it and do all the developer activities.
Hence, let me summarize new learning in simple words
- What is Azure? (This is going to be the future of modern computing).
- By 2020, the idea that a company has no Cloud infrastructure may be as rare as a ‘no internet policy’ is today. Hence, catch the bus at the right time.
- Why to consider Azure (Business and Technical reasons).
- Why to use Cloud.
- Market Share for Azure (every year, its growing).
- Azure free scubscription.
- Window app Services with demo.
In Microsoft Azure & Azure Machine Learning Part -2, we will learn,
- Azure VM.
- Azure database.
- Azure data warehouse.
- Azure Machine Learning.